Batch Maker/ Mixer 2nd Shift
Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN.-We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
The batch maker will be responsible for the manufacturing of bulk food products to be filled and packed as required by the daily production schedule. This operation is to be performed keeping safety as a primary objective and following established GMP, Safety, Regulatory and Company procedures and policies.
- Read batch cards to determine product specifications, processing information, technical information.
- Record production and test data for each food product batch, such as: ingredients and lot numbers used, temperatures, mixing speeds, test results.
- Monitor and regulate gauges, recording instruments, flow meters, and thermometers to correctly adjust the addition of raw materials, mixing temperatures, mixing speeds, etc. to maintain product quality, and ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Operate and tend machines to mix or blend any of a wide variety of food products such as edible oils, dressings, margarines, spreads, shortenings, cooking Sherries, vinegars, cooking wines, etc.
- Patrol work area to detect leaks, equipment malfunctions, and to monitor operating conditions. Report any deficiencies to Production Supervisor / Maintenance Supervisor.
- Examine product samples during production in order to evaluate necessary in-process testing requirements. Sample in-process products for the quality assurance laboratory for testing. Test samples of products to ensure compliance with specifications, using test equipment. Document results in required log books and/or batch records. Report any deviations of results to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Modify manufacturing directives with written authorization by the Quality Assurance Department by adjusting mixing time cycles and/or addition of ingredients.
- Responsible for having knowledge of transfer valves, pumps, etc. which transfers bulk product from manufacturing tanks to run tanks.
- Direct other workers who are assisting in the batch making processes.
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.