Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
We're excited to connect with talented individuals like you who can create world-class solutions to grow strategic accounts. As the Director, Sales Solutions, you will be responsible for leading pursuit teams in the development of complex customer solutions to secure new and incremental revenue for the company. Your focus will be on positioning GXO as a true business partner to the customer versus a mere vendor or supplier. If you're excited by the challenge of connecting with clients, building relationships and seizing opportunities, become a part of our rapidly growing, dynamic global team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Review customer requests to identify the true needs of the customer
- Document the opportunity to provide a clear description of the customer request and define the GXO response to the customer's needs
- Develop the strategy for each pursuit, including win themes and the tactics required to secure a win
- Assign team members to the pursuit, including members of the Advanced Solutions team and outside partner groups
- Lead the team in the creation of the right solution components, value propositions and work products
- Define the pricing strategy for the opportunity
- Lead the finance, engineering and analyst teams in developing the correct pricing proposal; review the pricing and secure approval from the Division President
- Create compelling presentations and value propositions for the customer; present the solution components to customer decision-makers and executives to position GXO as the preferred choice
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 7 years of experience and progressive career advancement in the supply chain industry
- Proven track record of successful experience with contract logistics sales and solutions
- Solid strategic/innovative thinking skills; collaborative and decisive, with a strong orientation toward getting positive results
It'd be great if you also have:
- 5 years of successful sales and solutions experience in contract logistics
- Availability to travel 25-50% of the time
- Solid written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Ability to read, research and interpret business information and financial data
- Consistent ability to operate with an extremely high sense of urgency, personal energy and stamina; capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time demands with a strong sense of personal integrity
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.