3PL Sales Manager
Our client, a well-established, multimillion dollar, international 3PL is a leading global logistics, supply chain solutions provider operating in 22 countries. They specialize in e-commerce, express deliveries, import/export, customs, fulfillment, and land/sea/air freight with more than 3500 employees, 3000 vehicles, and handling over 4 million shipments per year. Our Client is looking to expand their global presence by establishing operations in the United States focusing on exports to the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Europe within the mass retail industries.
East Coast (Remote) - United States
The 3PL Sales Manager reports to the Head of United States Operations. The objective of the role is to contribute to the growth of the business though the sales of freight forwarding services to mass retailers and ecommerce companies.
ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Develop plans and strategies to gain and develop customer revenue and to expand the customer base in the country.
- Develop new and existing business by identifying sales opportunities through networking, fact-finding, prospecting, qualifying, presenting and selling our services in order to open new accounts or develop existing ones.
- Develop timely and accurate forecasts (volume and spend) for accounts and revise throughout the year.
- Manage and penetrate customers at all levels and develop relationships with accounts that enable achievement of plans and objectives.
- Prepare and deliver effective selling presentations that implement approved business plans and employ effective game theory and negotiating strategies.
- Manage execution of customer agreements / contracts and perform visual audits of accounts, correct compliance issues, identify new sales opportunities.
- Manage client relationship through all phases of the sales cycle including the agreement of actions required internally to enable new or develop existing customer shipment volumes.
- Coordinate with relevant departments and 3rd parties on day to day activities.
- Contribute to the development of training and educational programs for clients.
- Promote new products and services as they are made available.
- Daily capture of customer contacts into the CRM tool and required reporting/presentations internally.
- Any other duties responsibilities as requested/assigned by the line management.
- 4 years of progressive sales experience in the logistics industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent sales experience.
- Full understanding of the Express (Courier) industry products and services (B2C, B2B, E-commerce delivery).
- Executive level financial/business acumen including demonstrated ability to formulate a sound business plan to achieve revenue goals.
- Ability to establish relationships within the mass retailer and ecommerce industries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success delivering best in class customer service.