Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
The Director of Real Estate is responsible for all functions of the real estate department on behalf of Americold including lease negotiation, lease administration, rent payments, acquisition, decommissioning / sale, property management of owned assets, analysis of space needs and coordination of all real property transactions. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for maximizing the value of the owned and leased assets and will also support the Company's strategic, company-oriented acquisitions form a real estate support perspective. The role will have two direct reports and responsibility for managing a growing portfolio of 250 assets around the world.
- Develop and implement a Life Cycle Real Estate portfolio database system and ensure that administration of the database is accurate and up to date, including evaluation (owned and leased assets) and its value potentials
- Assist in developing the financing strategy for the real estate investment team, considering each target asset and deal structure's unique needs and ensuring alignment with the broader company strategy and goals
- Establish strong working relationships with brokers, landlords and tenants, and serve as Americold's primary liaison to coordinate execution of lease obligations and support Americold's growth objectives
- Partner across functionally with Treasury, Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Legal, Operations, Business Development, Procurement, etc. to support projects from inception to completion, adhering to scope, schedule, and budget
- Support mergers / acquisitions through leading due diligence and support for integration of acquired assets, including any lease negotiations
What Experience You Need
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in real estate, finance, engineering, or business
- 10+ years of demonstrated success leading business planning/strategy in a leadership role required (due diligence, financial modeling and strategic analysis)
- Experience in a business with Real Estate and strategic facility planning/construction components and exposure to all aspects of real property transactions (zoning laws, zoning approval process)
- Proficient in MS Office products
What Could Set You Apart
- Master's degree or professional certifications
- Global experience and perspective
- Extensive experience in deal negotiations, including negotiating contracts, prices, resolving service issues and reconciling differences
- Broad network with real estate professionals, including bankers, brokers, and other service providers
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.