Under the direction of supervisor or manager, coordinates activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing and loading materials and products by use of conveyors, industrial trucks or by hand.
- Coordinates Material Handlers to ensure their time is utilized efficiently to achieve production, quality, sanitation and customer service standards.
- Confers with management to coordinate flow of product and ensure all safety precautions are followed and taken.
- Enforces schedules and estimated labor hours required for effective completion of daily job assignments.
- Reports compliance of assigned teams in work areas to operational standards and initiatives.
- Participates in the recommendation of Kaizen activities to improve all aspects of the operation.
- Performs activities of workers supervised when required or other duties as assigned.
- Directly oversees the work of a small number of employees in the designated warehouse area.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and safety rules.
- Responsibilities include meeting goals and minimum standards of performance, training employees; assigning and directing work flow and the movement of associates based on the business needs; addressing and elevating complaints and resolving minor problems with management assistance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED and two years' related experience preferred.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world's largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world's most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics. Yusen Logistics (Americas) is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. ("YLA" or "the Company") is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of YLA's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.