Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As a Management Trainee in our Field Management Training program (FMT), you'll focus on developing your leadership, communication, strategic thinking, and operational skills, while building relationships across the business. Upon your successful completion of our 14-week development program, you will receive a pay increase and relocate to take on a Freight Operations Supervisor role in one of our Service Centers. From there, you'll have the opportunity to continue to work hard, learn, and grow your career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We're eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, tuition reimbursement, disability insurance and the opportunity to participate in the company's annual incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Attend targeted training, including on the job, computer based, and classroom style, to learn the critical skills necessary for success as a Freight Operations Supervisor
- Rotate through different assignments and shifts while increasing your knowledge and confidence as you build your skills while having a direct impact on the bottom line of your training location/service center
- Get a complete picture of the business while supervising staff (dockworkers and drivers) on the dock during inbound, city and/or outbound freight operations shifts occurring days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Use world-class technology applications and reports to ensure goals are met by managing tonnage, financial metrics, KPIs, and other administrative functions
- Develop your skills to coach and train a diverse group of employees to bring out their best
- Act as a champion of our values, demonstrating them and holding your team to the same high standards
- Focus on quality and safety standards and act as a role model and coach to others
- Receive mentoring and leadership training from local leadership and executive leaders across the business
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of related work or military service
- Availability to relocate during the program and immediately after the 14-week development program
- An affinity for using and learning new technology, and the ability to quickly learn new applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
It'd be great if you also have:
- A bachelor's degree in business, transportation, distribution or logistics or military experience, preferably with an NCO rank
- Leadership experience to include a combination of work, civic, military, or college experience
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, including the ability to work overtime as the job requires
- Positive attitude with the ability to motivate a team and communicate with others to achieve goals
- High-energy; a self-motivated leader with the ability to multitask
- Exceptional communication skills
- Critical thinking skills to read, analyze and make decisions
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is an open-air environment that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery and noisy
- Work outside in inclement weather
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle including training to obtain forklift certification
Be part of something big. #PIQ
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.