Your will be designing architecture solutions for enterprise level systems with a team of industry leading experts to enable us to provide innovative solutions and services to our customers using cutting edge technologies.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Penske Senior Software Architect you will be responsible for designing and implementing enterprise level application systems and making enterprise wide technology recommendations. You will work with a team of industry experts to create reference architecture, and roadmap for the digital technology deployment. You will aslo be responsible for managing a diverse range of projects across cutting edge technologies developing innovative solutions.
This is a hybrid position where the associate is expected to work both in the office and remote, as determined by the manager and department. This position can work out of either Reading, PA or Tampa, FL. Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
Penske ID' Responsibilities
• Responsible for designing and implementing enterprise level application systems and making enterprise wide technology recommendations.
• Promotes compliance to application architecture standard/principles and frameworks.
• Assit in creating and maintaining reference architectures and roadmaps for the digital technology deployment.
• Actively participate in the digital technologies governance process and support digital technology deployment projects as necessary.
• Support GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of digital technologies.
• Heavily involved in research and analysis of third party software solutions, and must be able to make a recommendation to use third party software or develop solution in-house
• Use various tools and techniques to troubleshoot / debug application and software issues and be a significant contributor during production Triage calls.
• Proactively identifies and addresses application architecture strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
• Work closely with the Architecture team to assess task quality and provide ongoing feedback to project members.
• Lead/Assist Application Development Leads, associates and contractors to understand software development frameworks, best practices and architecture patterns.
• Be a stakeholder at Design and Deploy Tollgate reviews.
• Conduct new hire technical interviews.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math or Information Systems or equivalent development experience.
• 10 years of diverse experience/knowledge of appropriate programming languages, frameworks, application architecture and enterprise design patterns.
• 2-4 years of technical project leadership experience.
• Expertise in technologies, frameworks and architecture like Java, Angular, Python, Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON, containers, microservices, REST API's, CI/CD etc.
• Experience in architecting Web Applications using microservices and RESTful services.
• Proficient in S/W engineering, application architecture and enterprise architecture(on-prem/cloud).
• Awareness of data security and privacy technologies and processes.
• Understanding of key digital technology trends and vendor landscape.
• Experience building and supporting mission critical business applications.
• Demonstrated expertise in application development life cycles/methodologies.
• Ability to mentor diverse teams and effectively communicate with IT and business leaders.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.