With Staff Management - SMX, you'll get a weekly paycheck, learn new skills, meet new people, and work with a great management team in a clean and safe environment.
Are you seeking an opportunity to learn mechanical skills with a reputable and established company? Are you ready to begin a new challenge? If so, nVent is looking for you! We offer on-the-job training and career development opportunities in an inclusive, diverse, and rewarding environment. Manufacturing Operators will work in a team environment and operate manufacturing equipment. Successful Associates will have the ability to work, communicate and participate in a fast-changing environment.
Perks & Benefits: Paid Training, Weekly paychecks, Direct Deposit or Cash Card pay options, Medical / Dental Insurance, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Time Off, Referral Bonus (Restrictions Apply), Casual Dress Code, Advancement Opportunities.
Shifts: 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Employment Types: Full Time, Temp to Hire, Long Term.
Pay Rate: $22.00 - $25.30 / hour
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and communication skills are a must
- Ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams
- Self-starter that takes initiative
- Keeping the warehouse environment clean and tidy and maintaining equipment
- Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, rules and schedules
- Working with warehouse equipment/machinery
- Treating equipment/merchandise/product with care and concern at all times
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college a plus
- Reliability/dependability including time management and being on time to work to start shift and from break/lunch
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
- Familiarity with extrusion operations
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
Requirements: Background Check, Stand for Shift Duration, Must be at least 18 years old.Able to Lift 50 pounds., required education: HS Diploma or GED.
Work Location: SMX @ nVent, Redwood City, CA 94063.
Job Types: Equipment Operator, Forklift Operator, General Labor, General Warehouse, Machine Operator, Manufacturing, Picker/Packer, Production, Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse.
The hourly rate for this position is anticipated to range between $22.00 - $25.30 per hour. This range is a good-faith estimate, based on the qualifications necessary for the position, including but not limited to experience, training, and other considerations permitted by law. Factors that may be used when making an offer may include a candidate's skills and experience, the expected quality and quantity of work, and internal pay alignment, as needed. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the pay range. The upper end of the range will generally be reserved for candidates with extensive skills and experience. An employee's pay history will not be a contributing factor where prohibited by local law.