The Logistics Recruiting Supervisor position will lead a small decentralized team of recruiters and recruiting assistants in an assigned geography by providing guidance and expertise around Penske Logistics staffing process and technologies supporting our Distribution Center Management product-line (Warehouse Staffing & Recruiting) This Recruiting Supervisor will have approximately six direct reports.
From a people perspective, this role will have direct coaching and supervision responsibilities over the recruiting team, including the delegation of work, prioritization, and new initiatives. In order to ensure strong internal customer satisfaction, strong communication and collaboration are necessary to ensure alignment between human resources and operations. This position will have regular interaction with Vice Presidents, Area HR Managers, and Field HR Directors to assure internals customer needs and organizational staffing needs are met successfully.
Qualified candidates for this role will have at least 2 years of experience leading others, in a recruiting function, and should have 3 years of recruiting experience in a large, high-volume, multi-site employer. The ability to actively listen and influence direct reports, peers, and leaders is essential to success in this role.
This position will support the Operations in the Midwest, South Central, and West areas of the country. This role can be based in Irving, TX or Phoenix, AZ.
- Manage daily interaction with all recruiters including: distribution of requisitions, balancing of recruiter workload, assisting with prioritization and productivity, assist with issue resolution and promote behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction
- Ensures strong collaboration between operations (AVP, Area and District Staffs) and Human Resources (HRD, HRM, Recruiters, and Recruiting Assistants) on staffing strategies, prioritization, and initiatives. This includes ensuring each area has defined staffing strategies and regular communication to ensure alignment.
- Serve as a Penske staffing process and Taleo recruiting technology subject matter expert, including: having a full understanding of common functionality of applicants, hiring managers, and recruiters.
- Coach and develop recruiters and recruiting assistants. Assure recruiters are consistent in their approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through audits, assessments, and customer feedback.
- Assume ownership and oversight of any external critical role and operational staff recruiting. This will involve heavy collaboration with recruiters and HR Managers and Representatives, as well as upward reporting to HR Directors on progress.
- Oversee all necessary team management activities including associate relations, expense report management, training and company program compliance, and overall direct report engagement.
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Recruiting Manager and/or HR Director such as serving on process improvement teams, coordinating small scope short-term projects, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 2 years management of direct reports
- 3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized, multi-site organization required
- 2 years project management experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; preferably AIRS certification
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems
- Knowledge of employment law and hiring practices
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong candidate pipelines
- Ability to work well independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills
- Willingness to travel, up to 50% to assigned locations by car, plane, or train overnight as required or as directed by leadership.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.