The Business Manager is responsible for the commercial client relationships of select Supply Chain Solutions customers. This includes overseeing management of the client contract, ensuring the Scope of Services is delivered as per agreement, and promoting all aspects of the accounts financial health. The Business Manager will interact across all internal functions (Management / Logistics Procurement / Solutions Engineering / Business and Solutions Development / Operations / Implementation) to deliver on the value proposition to the customer.
Responsibilities Job Responsibilities
- Facilitate the Customer Relationship management through the development and implementation of a focused account governance structure to ensure proper alignment between Customer and Yusen at the commercial and operational levels
- Act as the focal point of contact between the Customer Leadership and Yusen Organization. Orchestrating services, managing the communication and the escalation when service deviation occur
- Maintaining and controlling the contractual and commercial relationship between the customer and Yusen
- On-Going effort to strategically develop and expand Yusen SCS services
- Responsible for overall service delivery and customer insights with oversight and accountability to provide management and operational services based on the commercial agreements
- Accountable for the delivery of all required management and operational services according to documented Statements of Work
- Responsible for consolidation, communication, and distribution of all the information that allows real-time monitoring of service performance
- Drive account profitability and financial health through customer P&L management to understand the real-time business situation and the impacts of financial and operational actions
- Responsible for making account level financial decisions utilizing information from financial results, metrics and key performance indicators
- Estimate and calculate volume and billing projections to determine the budget, volume forecast, and resource requirements
- Accountable for ensuring payables and receivables remain within tolerance to keep the account's finances stable
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications
- University degree in Logistics or Business-related field advanced university degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing key logistics processes, such as: warehousing, order execution and transportation operations management
- Previous experience leading strategic client engagements or account management
- Ability to travel overnight as required.
- Ability to work shifts of at least (8) hour, and occasionally longer, (5) days per week
- Ability to work in matrix organizations and teams
- Strong analytical ability
- Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Must be highly organized self-starter and proficient in use of PC/MS office suite
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management roles and responsibilities
- Ability to link and articulate process change to multiple levels within the organization as well as customer groups
- Able to meet objectives with minimal direction from supervision and make sound business decisions
- Strong working knowledge in project management with demonstrable project/customer focused accomplishments
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills one on one and in groups
- Ability to analyze and effectively communicate technical and business impacts
- Travel overnight as required
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations or the work environment changes.