As the Manager - Big Data Applications for Penske Truck Leasing, you will be leading the Big Data Applications team responsible for creating, managing, and supporting multiple Data intensive analytical applications developed on real time streaming IOT data. The charter of the Big Data Applications team is:
- Create and maintain UI & Digital Data Products which are the critical value generating portals for Penske's IOT data.
- Work closely with the Big Data Integration and Services, UX, Product Managers, Big Data Platform and Cloud Engineering Teams to research and deploy the most efficient and scalable architecture to Business-Critical Products.
- Create and deploy Products for internal and external consumers of the IoT data.
This is a critical role as you will have the opportunity to influence and make an impact across many business-critical programs like Connected Fleet, Vehicle Insights, and the Maintenance vision.
Specifically, the rewards of this role include:
- Impact - You will be in a critical role, supporting strategic and business critical programs for Penske.
- Pride & Stability - You'll join the Big Data Applications team in the Penske Truck Leasing organization. You will be working with many new and promising technologies.
- Career Growth - We recognize and reward highly motivated individuals who develop their skills and use them to perform well on the job. Your success in this role could set you up for a number of advancement opportunities, depending on your interests and strengths.
The Manager - Big Data Applications will lead the identification and deployment of most efficient and effective mechanisms for building Digital Products on the IoT streaming data. You will be involved in technology selection, building, testing, deployment, support and documentation of the Big Data Digital Products.
This exciting NEW position is located at our corporate offices 7 miles South of Reading, PA. Our location is convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
- Build, lead and inspire a team of top performing Front End and Big Data Engineers.
- Partner with UX design and product management to drive our innovation roadmap.
- Lead large, cross-functional teams on complex A/B tests and product development efforts.
- Work closely with our web platform and API teams to define and evolve the underlying systems that support your projects and drive the ongoing evolution of our web architecture.
- Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise class user interface software to power our Digital Products
- Create and deploy data services and applications for internal and external consumers of the IoT data.
- Lead the production support for all the Digital products and their apps.
- Work closely with various business functions - Marketing, Maintenance, Finance, Fleet Services, Rental, Vehicle Supply etc. to leverage existing IoT data to support creation of new digital products and services.
- Support GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) aspects of IoT data including data security, data ownership, data filtering and risk profiling initiatives.
- Maintain the UI/UX - Big Data roadmap from technology perspective.
- The Big Data Applications Manager will lead his/her team by executing on the IoT/Digital Products vision for the company. This position will help transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on streaming IoT data and products.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Information Technology during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, operations, management, or a related field is required, masters is preferred.
- Critical experience and skills in visual design, UX design, research, micro-interactions
and be cognizant about the constraints of front-end coding.
- An understanding of efficient UI design patterns across web and mobile platforms.
- Extensive expertise in technologies, frameworks and architecture like Angular, Java, Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON, Application Servers, CI/CD etc is required, and expertise in Python, Lambda architecture, Kafka, MySQL, PostgreSQL, In Memory databases, AWS, Cloud Engineering, Cloud Essentials, Spring Cloud Data Flow is a significant plus.
- Significant knowledge of areas - Data Visualization, Big Data, Streaming Data, Micro Services, and Cloud is a big plus.
- Extensive expertise in data definition, data profiling and data quality.
- Experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes.
- Experience with agile software development.
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies and processes.
- A solid understanding of key UI/UX & Big Data trends and Frameworks.
- Extensive experience interacting with senior leaders and executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills - must be able to present to large groups.
- Experience managing large complex IT projects and teams
- Experience in building and supporting business cases.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and practices.
- Must be a team player with Team First attitude. Must be willing and able to contribute to brainstorming sessions in a meaningful way.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
- Completed Penske employment application, submission to a background investigation (to include past employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Family: Information Technology
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2309838