What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Senior Data Platform Architect, you will be responsible for the technical design and technology roadmap for the company's data platform solutions and services. In this role, you will lead the data platform architecture strategy to provide data solutions and infrastructure that enable business intelligence, AI/ML Ops, IoT, data integrations, data services, self-service analytics, and data-driven digital products and services. You will be an owner and subject matter expert on one or more workstreams under data platform infrastructure. You will enable data productivity by building out data services on cloud and help to operationalize it. You will bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, engineering leaders, and product managers, aligning cross-functional projects and ensuring that they're within reason (fiscally and technically). You will collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures.
This position can sit out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA or our IT Center in Tampa, FL.
- Conceptualize, architect, and communicate Data Platform architecture and roadmap
- Lead software development teams, Cloud and on-prem infrastructure engineering teams to adopt Cloud, hybrid, and on-premise cloud-native architecture
- Identify areas of improvement in the existing platform and recommend adaption roadmaps
- Architect, build, and manage an efficient data platform to support our products, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics functions using modern, low/no code cloud technologies (AWS or GCP) interfacing with our existing data services and storages
- Mentor junior platform engineers, data engineers, developers, and operators to implement best practices and well-architected infrastructure
- Evaluate container orchestration technologies and recommend fitment during cloud adoption
- Legacy modernization and cloud adoptions strategies for existing solutions
- Create operationalization standards for migrating/supporting Cloud-based architecture
- Experience in risk and risk control compliance and security standards of infrastructure and networking is needed
- Evolve and own a sophisticated data model in collaboration with executives, engineers, product managers, scientists, and partners to consume structured data from a growing set of source systems
- Advocate and educate engineering team members on data modeling rules, standards, and best practices
- Leverage outside engagements as necessary to accelerate projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience required
- 10+ years' experience in software development in n-tier environments required
- 5+ years' in data storage technologies (RDBMS, MYSQL, Postgres, S3, MPP, Big data) required, including significant expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- 2+ years' experience developing security standards required
- 4+ years' experience with CI/CD preferred
- 2+ years' experience with the following tools preferred: Kafka, Kubernetes, Terraform, Wavefront, Dynatrace, Splunk
- 4+ years' experience cloud architecture, specifically with AWS and Cloud Foundry preferred, including experience in the Cloud hosting platforms like Tanzu Application service or Cloud Foundry
- 3+ years' experience administering Docker/Containers preferred
- Fluency in architecture and design across all systems is a plus
- Experience operationalizing AI/ML models preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. \#DICE
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Family: Information Technology
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2303195