Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Experienced Technicians can earn up to $39.98/hour including Master Certification
- Monday - Friday operation
- Quarterly tool allowance to grow your tool kit
- Full health insurance benefits on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 6 through 8 diesel equipment, forklifts, and trailing equipment
- Access any of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under part of the equipment
- Repair or rebuild all or parts of various equipment systems
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment and component issues and perform repairs accordingly
- Perform HVAC system repairs
- Work in accordance with DOT, EPA, Interstate Authority, OSHA and other rules and regulations
- Conduct safety inspections on equipment and prepare safety documentation as needed
- Maintain proficiency with equipment and technologies that enhance productivity
- Move trailers throughout the property, operating a hostler in all types of weather
- Enter job times and parts on repair orders to track activity
- Operate specialized tooling and vehicles
- Ensure work area is always clean, safe, and organized
- Interact with operations and shop management
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of experience in tractor and trailer inspection and repair -OR- a technical school degree with certification in heavy duty truck/trailer maintenance
- To obtain EPA HVAC Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification within 90 days of hire (ASE, MACS or equivalent)
- A valid driver's license
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
- Basic hand tools required for heavy duty trailer and tractor maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Basic mechanical skills
- Brake inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.25
- Vehicle Inspection qualified as defined in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, Section 396.19
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior mechanical experience such as automotive or skilled trades
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Diesel tech school diploma
- Experience with trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventive maintenance for tractor technicians
- Ability to diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning systems
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.