The primary responsibility of this role is to design and engineer resilient enterprise Data services both on-prem and in a multi-cloud hybrid environment guided by the principles of a well-architected framework.
This is an Individual Contributor role that requires working with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure the platforms are built for adoption with high standards of performance and scalability while optimizing the cost and using emerging technologies in the Data universe.
The person in this role will support the Data Engineering and Services team's objective to architect and engineer highly resilient and available data services and databases in a multi-cloud hybrid environment globally.
This position can sit out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA, or our IT Center in Tampa, FL. We are open to relocating qualified candidates to one of those two areas.
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we're so much more than that. At Penske, we have a 50-plus-year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions. The key to our success is our people.
You'll work alongside great people and on really cool projects. Ultimately, you'll help develop and ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward.
What You'll Be Doing
- Ensure platforms are engineered for the availability and performance of database systems while optimizing the platform costs.
- Support app modernization and lead migration of databases from on-prem to cloud.
- Keep up with the latest trends, and understand the competitive edge compared to similar product stacks, technology ideas, patterns, and methodologies.
- Drive the creation of roadmaps and maintain product portfolio components.
- Collaborate with Product owners, Enterprise architects, Business SMEs as well as different application teams.
- Act as Level 3 Support resource for Database-related High priority incidents.
- Provide mentorship to other onsite/offshore resources as it relates to Cloud Database technologies.
- Support Internal/External Audit requests as it pertains to Databases.
- Guide team and help upgrade databases to new versions and apply security patches.
- Proactively work with database reliability, security, and capacity planning
- Great communicator, who can explain complex technical concepts and align the organization on decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT or a related field.
- 3+ years' experience designing business solutions in a hybrid cloud environment.
- 10+ years Progressive years of experience in database technologies.
- 5+ years of Extensive experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Aurora, MYSQL, Greenplum & Document DB).
- 5+ years' Experience with cloud databases and cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure).
- Strong command of SQL, PowerShell, and Unix shell scripting skills.
- Strong experience in SQL tools such as TOAD, SQL Developer, PGADMIN, DPA, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Understanding relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience in database migrations, and upgrades.
- An ideal candidate should have experience in modern ways of designing, building, optimizing and deployment of database workloads in the public cloud, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Should be experienced in schema design and data modeling.
• Should be a driver in determining, implementing, and continuously improving the architecture and the security aspect throughout the systems, tools, and workflows.
• Always striving for automation with a distinctly unique mindset for optimization of database infrastructure working with an international (onsite and offshore) team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to management.
- AWS/Azure cloud certifications.
Added Bonus If You Have
- Master's degree in an IT or related field.
- DBA certifications.
- Experience with SOX/SOC1/SOC2 and other Compliance Audits
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Family: Analytics & Intelligence
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2325474