Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Supervisor, Freight Operations, we'll count on you to inspire your team to continuously raise the bar, while taking responsibility for all day-to-day operational responsibilities. As a member of our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We're eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise staff during various inbound, city and/or outbound freight operations
- Ensure production goals are met by managing tonnage, payroll, and other administrative functions
- Plan hourly employee schedules to meet daily operations goals
- Enforce all company, FMCSR, OSHA and DOT policies, rules, regulations, and laws
- Coach, train and develop employees in a manner consistent with company policies
- Act as a champion of our values, demonstrating them and holding your team to the same high standards
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of related work experience in a warehouse, distribution, supply chain, transportation or similar environment
- Knowledge of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, hazardous materials regulations and DOT rules and regulations
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Distribution or Logistics, or 4 years of related work or military experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- LTL industry experience
- Positive attitude with the ability to multitask and motivate your team
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and administrative skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Work outside in inclement weather
Be part of something big.
Annual Salary Range: $56,5111 to $70,639. Actual compensation may vary due to factors such as experience and skill set.
In addition to base salary, employees may be eligible for a sign-on bonus, annual and long-term incentive awards, and an equity buyout award. This is an incentive-based position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.