Why join the Wegmans team?
- Competitive pay: NEW higher starting rate up to $18.75 / hour for both full time and part time, with equipment experience
- Work for a family-owned company that has been on FORTUNE magazine's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For list for 24 years in a row
- Frozen positions earn an extra $3 / hour; Fresh Foods Overnight earn an extra $2/hour
- Comprehensive benefits available to both full and part time eligible employees
- Voluntary overtime hours with incentive pay available (based on business needs)
- Night Shift employees earn a sign-on bonus up to $6,000 for full-time, $3,000 for part-time
- Day Shift employees earn a sign-on bonus up to $2,000 for full-time, $1,000 for part-time
- Uniforms provided, including cold wear clothing
As part of our Warehouse Team, you will be responsible for delivering incredible service by providing efficient and accurate selection of products ordered by Wegmans stores. Success in this role takes a sharp eye, attention to detail and the ability to be a team player. Apply today and join our team!
What will I do?
- Ensure pallets of product are built safely and efficiently in a manner that minimizes product damage in transportation and maximizes trailer space.
- Safely operate equipment necessary to perform job duties; this may include a forklift, pallet jack, and/or Vocollect
- Perform order audits to determine accuracy and quality
- Maintain knowledge of all quality standards/specifications and requirements for all products
- Inform operations management of daily quality issues using reports as well as other forms of necessary communication
- Maintain the integrity of the cold chain on loads that have temperature requirements
- May work in and have exposure to cold temperatures; lift weight of 20-25 pounds on average with maximum weight lifted greater than 50 pounds occasionally to frequently
- Previous experience with operating a pallet jack, forklift, and Vocollect
The health and safety of our Employees is our top priority and we are committed to keeping you safe while you help to serve our communities!
- Dedicated disinfecting staff members for high touch/contact equipment and spaces as well as common areas
- Multiple active Employee Safety Committees on campus, encouraging a culture of safety and well-being
- Comprehensive safety training for new employees, delivered by dedicated professional trainers, as well as on-going continuous safety training throughout the year
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided at no cost
At Wegmans, we've long believed we can achieve our goals only if we first fulfill the needs of our people. Putting our people first and offering competitive pay and a variety of benefits & perks is just the start of what it means to work at Wegmans.
Whether through premium pay for working on Sundays or holidays, offering industry-leading health care coverage and wellness programs to support physical, financial, and emotional well-being, or paid time off (PTO) to help you balance work and life, we've got something for everyone.
And because we care about the wellbeing and success of every person, we recognize each person has their own unique scheduling needs. We're proud to offer flexibility in scheduling so our employees can prioritize what is most important to them. Our large, high-volume stores and 24x7 operations allow for personalized schedules that balance an employee's individual needs with the needs of our business and each department.
- Paid time off (PTO) to help you balance your personal and work life
- Higher premium pay rates for working Sundays or on a recognized holiday
- Health care benefits that provide a high level of coverage at a low cost to you
- Retirement plan with both a profit-sharing and 401(k) match
- A generous scholarship program to help employees meet their educational goals
- LiveWell Employee & Family program to support your emotional, work-life and financial wellness
- Exclusive discounts on electronics, entertainment, gym memberships, travel and more!
- And more!
***Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied and offerings may differ based upon area or the company and/or position.
For 25 years in a row, our employees have put us on the FORTUNE magazine's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For . Discover what it means to work for a family-owned, mission-driven, values-based company that believes in caring, respect, empowerment, high standards and making a difference in the community. Because with a family-like atmosphere of shared support, leaders who have your best interest at heart and growth as part of everything we do, Wegmans is the place for you to do what you love-and love what you do.