Philadelphia Gear part of the Timken Power Systems group in Santa Fe Springs, CA has a current opening for a Quality Assurance Supervisor. The position supervises and leads a team of qualified inspectors, has responsibility for all aspects of incoming purchased material inspection and validation, document control, calibration and internal/external audit assistance, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), and other quality processes.
Position reports to the Quality Manager and is also responsible for Quality Inspection follow-through.
- Identify opportunities/gaps in existing quality standards, practices, and tools.
- Manage operative direct reports; 3 NDT inspector and 3 dimensional inspectors for technical requirements and scheduling.
- Review all quality documents from the manufacturing process per project/ contract.
- Oversee receiving, in process and final inspection processes.
- Provide final reports as required per contract.
- Manages scheduling of work and material flow through areas of responsibility.
- Work directly with customers on quality aspects of our projects.
- Assist government/ customer onsite inspections when required by project/ contract.
- Work with the quality/ engineering team in managing the calibration system.
- Monitors supplier performance reports these metrics internally and flow down to suppliers quarterly.
- Establishes training and provides mentoring to all employees in all technical aspects of quality inspection.
- Ensure the use of safety devices and equipment, supervision plant housekeeping and continually being alert for hazardous conditions and unsafe practices.
- Implement appropriate training, procedures and controls to assure the safety practices are developed and followed. Reduce workplace hazards and OSHA and EPA non-compliance in the facility.
- Light travel required
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School equivalent with minimum 7+ years direct inspection and quality system experience or bachelor's in engineering, manufacturing, or similar discipline with a minimum of 3+ years inspection & quality experience
- Broad technical understanding of industrial manufacturing applications with preference for gear experience
- Knowledge of materials, processes, and inspection methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality certification
- Proficiency in precision inspection tools and measurement
- Familiar with reading and understanding detailed engineered drawings
- Familiar with Non-Destructive Testing.
Pay Range: $75K - $98K annual
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.