- Experience reading a tape measure or other measurement devices.
- Basic math skills
Performs multiple tasks involved in the production of various products within one department. Handles materials such as rubber, stretch cord, and packing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Works on processes within assigned department, including the insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools.
Cuts various materials to specific dimensions as required by fabrication spec sheet and uses a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec sheets, and double check measurements for accuracy.
Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
Performs bench-type processes to complete material assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tools as required.
Notifies supervisor of any mechanical, material, or safety issues.
Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
Follows standard work methods, standard operating procedures, and job aides.
Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods using assigned packing materials and places finished goods on designated pallet.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.