Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is located at PT Tech, a Timken subsidiary in Wadsworth, Ohio. The Electrical Technicians work requires independent evaluation, selection and application of electrical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgement and ingenuity in testing, trouble shooting and repair of product designs and modifications.
- Provides technical support of the HPTO Clutch Controller development and applications
- Develops supporting documentation of various controls products and stores records in accordance with established practices
- May be involved in manufacturing production of control modules
- Performs hardware and software testing on control modules as required
- Performs basic analyses and calculations
- Must be able to troubleshoot printed circuit boards down to component level
- Repair boards which include soldering components as needed
- Develops Factory Assembly Instructions (FAICL's) and Installation & Maintenance (I&M Bulletins) and stores records in accordance with established practices
- Develops Test Plans, participates in approval of test plans, and reviews test results in coordination with the Testing Department
- Implement change per Engineering Change Notice (ECN) for firmware and hardware products
- Associates in Electrical Engineering, Design Engineering or Hardware/Software Engineering
- One to three years of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of tolerances, measures, stress levels, calibrations a plus
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.