Why this role is special..
Green Worldwide Shipping is building a world-class team of sales professionals and seeks an experienced Business Development Manager to generate revenue by attracting international shipping clients in the Atlanta Metropolitan area. This individual would oversee building and maintaining relationships with importers and exporters by initiating services, communicating their shipping needs to the operations staff and following up to make sure their needs are being satisfied. If you know forwarding, thrive on problem-solving and love building strong customer relationships we invite you to talk to us about this opportunity with our company.
How you will be successful-
- Identify and initiate contact with potential clients
- Negotiate rates and offer attractive packages to the new clients to obtain their business
- Attend to detail and delegate effectively
- Communicate clear operating procedures to operations staff
- Sell all services to current customers
- Assist in establishing activities that will help target new business
- Drive both revenue and margin growth across multiple verticals and modes
- Stay current on market trends to be able to counsel clients with sound advice
- Document daily progression on a CRM
What you will bring-.
- 3+ Years of experience in shipping and transportation sales
- Established relationships with shipping and transportation vendors
- A track record demonstrating an ability to develop and growa customer base
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the shipping industry and opportunitiesto negotiate favorable terms
- Traveling required within the region.
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working individually
- Passion for problem-solving and providing excellent customer service
- BA/BS degree preferred
What we offer
- Employee High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) currently paid for 100% by Green.
- $1,800 contributed to employee HSA Account, if on HDHP.
- Employee Dental provided by Green.
- Option to purchase disability insurance.
- Paid life insurance and option to buy-up.
- 401(K) and company match.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Monthly recognition points to give/receive, which can be converted to gift cards.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Weekly fruit baskets in office locations
- A tree planted for every new employee to Trees.org
- Hybrid work schedule.
- Wellbeing Program.
- Training and Development.
- Access to Mentorship Program.
Green Worldwide Shipping, LLC (Green) is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Green will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact Faye Hughes, Head of People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Green is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.