What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Provide outstanding Customer Care for a specified group of customers and support to other members of the Customer Care team. Interact with other GGB departments as necessary to achieve our common goals.
- Handle phone calls and email inquiries to provide pricing and delivery information, check orders status, expedite shipments, and problem resolution
- Receive and process customer orders via email, fax, EDI and customer website
- Process daily/weekly reports to proactively identify and resolve issues with orders
- Provide notification to customers if anticipated ship date changes
- Process credits and debits
- Maintain all aspects of customer requirements
- Proactive research to determine root cause and seek solution if customer's on-time delivery drops below satisfactory level
- Continually search for improvement opportunities to achieve common goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Communicate and interact in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to work in a team environment
- 4-5 years of Customer Care/Inside Sales experience
- High School Diploma required; 4 year degree preferred
- Prioritization, organization, and decision-making skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills; ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong capabilities with Microsoft Office and Google Platforms
- Familiarity with SAP preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.