What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Career Opportunity: Material Handler
GEARED FOR EXCELLENCE
At Standard Machine we design and manufacture high-quality parts for critical industries including pulp and paper, mining, oil and gas, chemical processing plants, steel mills, marine applications, transportation, military, and aerospace.
Standard Machine offers the opportunity to develop unique skills in an environment that supports cross-training and personal development through diverse career paths.
We are seeking a Material Handler in our machine shop.
- Operate overhead crane and forklift
- Move of material through Kanban stations based on job traveler
- Assist machinists in loading and unloading parts from manufacturing machines.
- Yard maintenance including moving material, organizing stock, and disposal of material
- Assist machinists and mechanics by cleaning machines, parts, and areas
- Operate hammers, drills, saws, nail guns, and other hand and power tools
- Coverage and assistance in shipping and receiving department
- Maintain equipment and ensures work area is clean and safe at all times.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures.
- Assist with continuous improvement projects under the direction of the team leader.
Our ideal candidate has mechanical aptitude and industrial experience.
- High school education or G.E.D
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane
- Aptitude for working with hand and power tools, equipment, and machines
- Reliable track record at previous employment
Put your Career in GEAR today!
Working at Standard Machine, a Timken Brand, opens the door for opportunity, benefits, and security.
We offer a competitive salary to secure the brightest talent for our organization. This includes generous shift premiums, free PPE and uniforms, boot allowance, overtime bonus, and tool replacement. We also have a short-term incentive (BONUS) plan that pays based on individual and company performance.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, employee assistance program, on-site gym, RRSP with company matching, vehicle discount programs, and MORE.
Career Opportunity: Material Handler
We offer tuition assistance and wage top-up for apprentices pursuing their Journeyman ticket. Enhance your career with hand-on experience and access to over supplemental 4,000 courses online.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must provide proof of all relevant qualifications and be available to participate in a pre-employment testing procedure. Only candidates who are permanent residents
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.