Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Carolina Bearing Repair Service Center, a division of Timken Power Systems, is currently seeking a Service Center Technician 3 to support operations for the Union, SC site. This is an upper level operative position that is responsible for machining, grinding, inspection, welding, and gauge setup at the Carolina Service Center.
This is a Dayshift, Monday-Thursday position.
This position will be primarily responsible to perform final inspection and quality control measurements on finished product before shipping to customer. Position will be asked to set up gauging for production processes as well as sign off on in-process inspection.
In addition- this position may be cross-trained and asked to be responsible for the following:
1. Welding - Operating a TIG welder to weld the assembly of finished product. Unique welding processes exist for two types of cages: pin-type and stamped-steel.
2. Build Up - Performing final build up/inspection of tapered roller bearings and determining the final space size requirements for the bearing's lateral clearance.
3. Final Inspection - Measuring critical dimensions on a wide range of products and recording information for internal and external use.
4. Grinding - Setting up and operating various types of precision grinding equipment.
5. VTL - Setting up and operating a CNC vertical turning center.
- Basic math skills
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to operate industrial hand tools
- Ability to operate powered industrial trucks
- Ability to read blueprints
- Gauging with micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Grinding, machining and welding education and/or experience
- Advanced gauging (e.g., CMM, CPG, etc.)
- Quality systems awareness
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Good attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
HIGH SCHOOL-GRAD or EQUIV required
Previous Job Experiences:
General manufacturing experience
Machining education/experience--Setup and operation of machines
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.