Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Retainer Inspector in the respective area or processes will inspect bearing retainers for conformance to specifications by performing the task listed in the Retainer Inspector work instructions and job classification.
- Visual inspection to detect and reject for fatigue, out-of-tolerance pockets, cracked/broken tabs and excessive wear
- Detecting and correcting nicks, dings, and dents using hand tools such as files
- Inventory stock numbers
- Drilling and reaming rivet holes to remove plate and cleaning out
- Milling retainers
- Determining condition for re-use without strip and re-plate
- Inspecting flatness and roundness then correcting any out of specification parts
- Determining material types
- Maintaining expendable tooling supplies
- Use Schenck balancing of retainers
- Ensure that retainer meets customer specifications and meet all FAA requirements (14 CFR Part 145 Repair Station)
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma
- Strong Communication & interpersonal skills
- Must possess basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Aero manufacturing and/or repair overhaul background preferred
- Visual inspection background preferred
Pay Range: $20 - $25 hr.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.