Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of logistics and transportation services, specializing in ocean and air freight forwarding, warehousing, and distribution including international purchase order management and end- to-end supply chain management solutions. We offer logistics execution services in addition to consulting to help our customers design, implement and operate optimal supply chains leveraging our Kaizen-based performance improvement and Control Tower services that enable proactive decision-making. Utilizing our network of more than 631 offices in 47 countries worldwide, more than 24,000 employees provide solutions to our customers' diverse and complex supply chains. Yusen Logistics has 1900 employees and 40 operational sites in the United States, with over 8.5 million square feet of warehouse capacity.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.yusen-logistics.com
The Director, Business Development Supply Chain Solutions (SCS), is a business development function with the primary responsibility to identify, develop and propose logistics and transportation solutions consisting of end-to-end International Supply Chain Strategies and solutions, inclusive of traditional Purchase Order / Origin and Destination Management, and Global Control Tower solutions, consisting of 4PL (Fourth Party Logistics) and LLP (Lead Logistics Provider) business models.
The business development director must possess the ability to identify and translate client needs and objectives and align these needs to assist in the development of global, multi-region, multi-modal supply chain opportunities. The Candidate must be a highly organized self-starter, with superior interpersonal and relationship management skills, possess strong analytical skills, and excellent facilitation skills in external as well as internal settings.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop knowledge of the SCS value proposition and capabilities to drive engagement and initiate new business development, acting as the first point of contact to source, identify, review, and qualify potential new business opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing engagement and formal communication with key Customer stakeholders, decision makers and influencers, develop relationships and develop new opportunities at various levels within the customer organization - Sr. Manager, Director, Vice President.
- "Solution Selling" - Demonstrated understanding of current logistics and transportation market dynamics, with the ability to translate customer expectations and challenges into services and solutions that can be supported, knowledge and awareness of competitor capabilities.
- Pipeline Management and Ownership - Develop and own Pro-Active Sales Strategies -Clarify gaps in value proposition, scope of services and win strategies to engage with customers.
- Lead / participate in Customer-facing Business Development meetings across the Americas region. Ensure Customer presentation materials / leave-behinds are consistent with the target and SCS value proposition.
- Assist with the management of existing clients and explore the development of new volume and services from existing clients across the portfolio of Yusen services.
- Ensure adherence to Customer qualification management process (Go/ No Go), opportunity management process (CRM), and maintain Pipeline up to the point of project definition.
- Active collaboration with the SCS Commercial Organization (Solutions Design and Development, Logistics Procurement and Partner Management, Business Management) to validate and develop opportunities and participating in the design, development, and presentation of value proposition, inclusive of:
- Customer Relationship Strategy
- Commercial and Contract Management Approach
- Scope of Solution - Financial, Operational, Information Technology
Qualifications Education and Experience
- A minimum of a 2 year University degree or equivalent professional training diploma in Supply Chain/Logistics disciplines or related subject fields.
- Minimum 5 years in Business Development "solution selling" integrated muti modal (Air, Sea, Road, Warehouse) or some combination of services to customers
- 5 years in SCS product selling and or SCS product operational experience.
- Ability to demonstrate prior business development skills and experience in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Solutions, Origin Management, Transportation, or Logistics Solution design & application.
- Ability to drive long distances and/or travel overnight as required.
- Ability to work shifts of at least (8) hour, and occasionally longer, (5) days per week
- Ability to receive and understand direction from supervision and management
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Travel overnight as required.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule using CRM, Outlook, Yusen Vantage
- Review and analyze data and information concerning Opportunity details, client trends related to new business onboarding, our expectations of same, & related business changes within the client.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor Opportunity development engagement including RFI/RFP input and internal discussions as needed around the opportunity.
- Complete [or oversee the completion of assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.