Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This position exists within the Corporate Manufacturing Engineering Team at Timken World Head Quarters to provide technical expertise, project management and leadership in the design, development, and optimization of process solutions for Timken's bearing manufacturing plants. This position is ideal for someone who has the capability and the desire to grow technically and develop into a process specialist/leader in bearing manufacturing. The ideal job candidate has a strong foundation in Industrial / Manufacturing Engineering along with a good understanding of Lean manufacturing principles, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to design, analyze and optimize production cell and line layouts.
- Critically analyze existing as well as proposed new manufacturing lines to identify and implement solutions to maximize the efficiency, capacity, quality, safety, and flexibility of bearing production.
- Create and maintain CAD models of facilities and manufacturing line layouts in support of key growth projects.
- Use process modeling and simulation tools to evaluate options to improve productivity and reduce waste. This includes activities such as defining standard work, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations / machines, and recommending the purchase of new equipment.
- Provide key data analysis and modeling support to estimate current production capacity and constraints. Assist in planning for future demand / growth.
- Use data mining and advanced analysis techniques including AI to identify opportunities for improving production performance.
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and manpower to improve efficiency of operations. Determine optimal inventory levels that make the most effective use of capital.
- Develop Lean and Six Sigma implementation tactics in collaboration with manufacturing plants, identify lean manufacturing improvement opportunities, lead cross-functional project teams to address areas of opportunity using the DMAIC process, deliver solutions to improve manufacturing processes and strengthen the Lean and Six Sigma culture within the plant organization.
- Write A/R's (appropriation requisitions) and provide budgeting information for capital expansion and continuous improvement projects. Assist in purchasing, installing, and commissioning of machines / workstations.
- Domestic and international travel to Timken plants and/or supplier locations - not to exceed 25% on average.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and production equipment. Familiarity with industrial bearing manufacturing is useful.
- Experience in plant layout design and implementation is beneficial.
- Manufacturing process flow simulation and optimization experience
- Strong analytical skills including experience with manipulating large data sets.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques
- EHS technical experience for facilities and new manufacturing processes (ergonomics, machine guarding, material handling, etc.)
- 3D CAD modeling and mechanical design experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- US Citizenship or Green Card.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. #IND-ENG