What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 20,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Position Summary The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for the daily coordination of personnel and processes related to shipping/receiving, traffic, and warehousing. This position provides supervision to associates in a multi-zoned, multi-shift department to meet customer demand. The Logistic Supervisor drives improvement in the areas of productivity, safety, quality, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency of deliveries. This position is also responsible for new equipment planning/floor layout/cost reduction initiatives.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the execution against KPIs related to logistics (safety, quality, cost, delivery, productivity, and morale)
- Maintain corporate supply chain procedures and processes to ensure achievement of related KPIs at multiple locations.
- Manage logistics segment to optimize transportation and warehouse services for inventory.
- Manages demand against warehouse inventory to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Investigates and identifies root causes for inventory inaccuracies, reconciles inventory balances, and identifies process improvements to reduce or eliminate specific inventory discrepancies. Works within team and across team to implement change.
- Ensures inventory storage locations are organized and items are properly marked and identified
- Responsible for local parts shipping, tracking and coordination.
- Drive safety initiatives and strategy for area of responsibility and implement improvement plans. Ensure ongoing operator safety and a safe work environment by promptly addressing safety hazards, minimizing workplace accidents, and actively involving associates in the continuous improvement of safety. Ensures staff follows and practices all established safety rules
- Work with EHS to ensure storage is within environmental standards.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through lean practices such as inventory reduction, flow day reduction, cost of shipping and warehousing. Demonstrate the responsibilities of a lean leader and drive a lean culture in the facility. Ensure associates are engaged and are participating in continuous improvement efforts.
- Facilitate the Talent Management Process to create high-performing teams and a pipeline of ready leadership. Lead goal setting, coaching, counseling, mentoring, and career development processes with associates. Identify training and needs and create a training strategy to meet customer expectations.
- Organizing warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Updating and evaluating metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Keeps Logistic Manager up to date on department information, changes, needs, issues.
- Strong leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Inventory management experience
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and have strong detail orientation
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong systemic-thinking and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Lean Manufacturing experience or certification.
- Advanced PC skills (MS Office including Excel, databases).
- 1+ years of experience in Operations Leadership. (Logistics/Shipping/Warehousing Preferred)
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree or above in Manufacturing, Logistics, Business Administration, or Engineering preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with 5+ years of experience in Logistics and 2+ years of management experience required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.