Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Shop Worker Essential Responsibilities:
- Handle parts from glue room through trim and inspection using Arbor Presses, Ovens, Trimming Lathes, Knives, Air Hoses, Carts, Xacto Knives and more to safely bond liner to correct size, temp and other dimensions called out for on print and P.O.
- Carry parts to and from ovens and arbor stations. Prep parts for Arbor, sometimes using an oven to dry adhesive and liner.
- Spray Arbors with Dry Film Lube to help with easier on and off of parts.
- Using Arbor Press - press parts onto Arbors and load up trays with completed Arbored parts
- Count, load parts into oven and set timer. Once finished unload and place tray in cooler or in front of fans.
- Once cooled - remove parts and place in boxes for Trim, and start process of Arboring over from start.
- Trim operation - use a lathe, and hand knife to safely machine a Chamfer into part, and remove surface glue. Operator needs to have good hand/eye coordination and quick steady hands.
- After trimming operation, employee will place parts on a table for inspection. Inspection involves using an air hose to remove dust and excess debris and propane torch to remove
any liner strings. Visual inspection of parts, count and box.
- Some trimming involves use of X-Acto knife in place of trimming Lathe - employee needs a good steady hand for correct trim and avoid cutting themselves - protective wrap cots and gloves are available
- Some employees are called on for Final Inspection. This involves Counting and Visual Inspection of parts, and box with correct tags or other markings onto skids for shipment. Final Inspections usually pull Liner from any rejected parts, using X-acto knife and pliers.
- Inspect Arbors for correct size, (using micrometers) and repair Arbors as needed using sandpaper and files etc. as needed.
- Set up Arbor with correct holding fixtures for both Arbor and Race.
- Load and unload trays from oven.
- Use Micrometer to check Arbors for correct size.
Shop Worker General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades / technical education and certifications preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and plant leadership
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.