What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Schulz Electric, a Timken Motor & Crane Company, has a current opening for a Project Manager based out of East Haven, CT. The purpose of this position is to manage projects/ jobs between customers and the plant to identify, analyze, and mitigate all project risk to assure successful completion of company projects and contracts. In addition, this position will handle technical and management reporting requirements for customer projects to include design, data and report submission, and schedule development and maintenance. This role will develop, lead and communicate project/ job status and requirements on a regular basis both internally and with customers as required. The Project Manager will work with a cross functional team to develop the work scope, timing, deliverables, and identify risks as they become evident.
- Plans, organizes, controls and directs company projects to ensure successful accomplishment of technical design, financial goals, and production and delivery objectives.
- Provides a single point of contact on project or program activities for both the customer and Schulz Electric, as well as coordinating project planning to ensure the identification of appropriate schedules, design efforts, costs, and other considerations.
- Coordinates project details with a wide variety of individuals and functions leading to successful execution and conclusion.
- Reviews potential changes in scope and advises management and/ or the customer of the impact.
- Negotiates cost and schedule modifications, as well as develops and write project plans, and assists and/ or coordinates the preparation of cost and technical proposals in response to company requirements.
- Coordinates and conducts production and project activities and meetings, schedules internal meetings and customer presentations as required, and prepares and manages project budgets and expenses.
- Limited travel to customer locations as required to attend project meetings and provide general project updates.
- Ensure 100% on time, on specification and on budget, standard operating procedures and strategy objectives are met.
- Additional tasks as required.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Fundamental electric motor knowledge
- Fundamental knowledge of workplace safety,
- Skilled in all basic MS Office products and working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Epicor)
- Cognitive ability and inclination to solve problems and will recommend specific/ innovative changes to effect improved efficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, sales and management
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field from an accredited college or university required
- Applicant must have 7 years of project management experience, 12 years preferred
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.