Bachelor's degree in business or a related area.
2+ years of experience in product management.
Creates, develops, and executes the strategy and roadmap for technologies in one or more functional areas. Builds business cases, engages internal and external stakeholders, formulates key performance indicators, launches product features, and measures business outcomes.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and supports product strategy for one or more functional areas, including executing the vision for assigned projects, conducting analysis and research and planning, designing concepts and user cases, and completing feasibility analyses.
- Drives innovation and change management activities and builds business cases for product ideas.
- Initiates and oversees the coordination of systems and applications throughout the product lifecycle from strategic definition to end-of-life planning.
- Gathers, organizes, analyzes, and documents business requirements on products and services offered by competitors in order to understand market needs and user pain points to create product solutions.
- Works with cross-functional teams to design, specify, document, prioritize, and execute product vision, including obtaining alignment and buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Manages product launch collateral, including user documentation, marketing collateral, and demonstrations.
- Measures and reports product performance and quality.
- Provides market, industry and competitive expertise and analysis to drive product performance.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.