Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
Thursday - Saturday - Start 3pm to 3am (12-hour shift) 3 days per week
Base pay: $19.08/hour
Shift Differential: $1.06/hour
Retention Bonus after 90 days of employment: $1500
Benefits: Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy and secure. To learn more visit https://penske.jobs/benefits/
-Paid Time Off
-Cash Balance program
-Associate Referral Program
Our associates also enjoy numerous associate discounts and opportunities to grow with the organization!
-Accurately pick products by matching numbers and products using voice audio headset.
-Hand stack cases of product weighing 50+ pounds repetitively from floor to over-head.
-Place the beverage products in a defined stacking pattern onto the pallet.
-Hand shrink wrap orders with label and move completed order to the loading dock area using rider electronic pallet jack
-Cold Storage facility: 34 F to 55 F
-Operate rider pallet jack equipment to build pallets
-Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Prior warehouse and warehouse equipment experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability to work independently, customer service, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, and time management skills required
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required
- Complete a Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Comfortable and closed-toed shoes required. Steel toe or composite toe shoes with slip resistant soles will be required on first day of employment with Penske Logistics.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines, or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Warehouse
Job Family: Warehouse
Address: 33400 Dowe Ave
Primary Location: US-CA-Union City
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2326584