We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
The Business Controller - Belts & Chain is responsible for directing all aspects of financial plans and activities as well as accounting for the business unit including preparation of current financial reports as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. This job could be loctated in Springfield MO or in Fulton IL.
This position leads long-range planning, budget preparation, and supervision of all accounting functions including operations controlling, legal entity ledger closing and reporting, price/volume/mix analysis, quote support, sourcing decisions, due diligence of all financial functions to ensure accuracy, compliance with corporate internal control standards and Sarbanes-Oxley Act, support of tax department inquiries, compliance with the law and generally accepted accounting practices.
As a member of the business senior management team, performance includes demonstration of the following accountabilities: leadership, communication, mentoring, empowerment and resource management.
- Oversees, directs and coordinates all activities related to accounting for Timken consolidated Belts & Chain businesses
- Accountable for all financial reporting
- Oversees the plant operations controlling for the business
- Analyzes sales and profit projections against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and meets regularly with functional leaders to drive performance improvement plans
- Monitors and advises on customer and platform profitability, pricing and market actions
- Manages the development of annual capital business plan as well as monthly capital reporting
- Creates, manages, leads, and directs the budget and forecasting process for the business across Sales, Plant Costs, SG&A, Inventory, Working Capital and all other required financial and non-financial data
- Oversees the supervision of personnel, work allocation, training, conflict resolution, performance evaluation
- Makes recommendations for personnel action and motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
- Directs the operations of the accounting department to produce accurate, timely internal financial statements to global reporting system on a monthly basis
- Oversees internal and external audits of records to ensure the accuracy of all accounts and compliance with corporate standards
- Provides supervision to direct reports and accomplishes the departmental goals that are consistent with mission, goals and objectives of the company
- Supervises Appropriation Request (AR) submissions and approvals across the business unit to ensure compliance of corporate guidelines as well as positive return on investments or efficiency improvement
- Thorough knowledge of all government regulations affecting operation of all aspects of the business
- Advanced written communication skills and ability to present in large or small groups
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and dispute management tactics
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
- Creative, innovative self-starter that thrives in challenging situations
- Employee development and performance management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems (SAP preferred)
Minimum: Bachelor's degree with 10 years of experience; MBA Preferred
Licenses/Certifications: CPA/CMA preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.