Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Philadelphia Gear, a brand of Timken Gears and Services, is seeking a General Assembler/Test Mechanic IV for its Houston, TX regional service center. This position is responsible for independently performing assembly, testing, disassembly, inspection, and painting of enclosed drive gearboxes. In addition, this position performs some diagnostic evaluation and installs products to be tested.
- Perform labor activities in the assembly and test departments
- Perform disassembly and inspection of gear boxes
- Perform gear box assembly and test
- Perform deburring, cleaning, and painting
- Responsible for continuous elimination of waste and implementing cycle time reduction
- Work with other facility teams (Purchasing, Quality, and Engineering) to ensure that assembly/test problems are addressed and resolved quickly
- Provides feedback to Engineering on assembly/test discrepancies, drawing errors, quality errors etc., to preclude reoccurrence
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that places the highest value on workplace safety, housekeeping, and environmental compliance
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear, and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms
- Must have both verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, Supplemental Savings Plan, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.