Knowledge of warehouse procedures, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, cargo securement requirements, and delivery documents.
Prior delivery assistant experience in a similar industry.
1+ years of experience operating material handling equipment.
Assists delivery drivers with customer orders, including loading and off-loading product, interfacing with customers, and ensuring all safety procedures and practices are followed and maintained. This role does not require or allow the operation of a company or rental vehicle.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Works with delivery drivers to ensure the safe, accurate, and efficient delivery of customer orders.
- Inspects deliveries prior to load to ensure customer orders are accurate and free of damage.
- Assists with loading and unloading merchandise into and out of delivery vehicles using powered and non-powered material handling equipment.
- Makes customer calls before and during delivery.
- Interfaces with customers regarding orders, including providing proof of delivery and resolving basic customer service issues.
- Relays escalated customer concerns to distribution center leadership.
- Performs general warehouse duties as needed.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.