With Staff Management - SMX, you'll get a weekly paycheck, learn new skills, meet new people, and work with a great management team in a clean and safe environment.
Are you seeking an opportunity to learn mechanical skills with a reputable and established company? nVent is looking for you! We are seeking Material Handlers that will work in a team production environment and operate manufacturing equipment. We offer on-the-job training and career development opportunities in an inclusive, diverse, and rewarding environment. Successful Associates will have the ability to work, communicate and participate in a fast-changing environment..
Perks & Benefits: Casual Dress Code, Paid Training, Weekly paychecks, Direct Deposit or Cash Card pay options, Medical / Dental Insurance, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Time Off, Referral Bonus (Restrictions Apply), Advancement Opportunities.
Shifts: 1st Shift, 2nd Shift.
Employment Types: Temp to Hire, Long Term, Full Time.
Pay Rate: $22.00 / hour
- Notifies Supervisor or other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning equipment, operations, materials, inventory, documentation, etc.
- Maintains equipment including safety check sheets
- Execute picks for internal delivery to production cells.
- Pack, load and unload a variety of conveyances.
- Move material within the warehouse and manufacturing plant.
- Meets established performance standards to ensure production schedules are met
- Perform material movement and record all moves to proper location.
- Operate power industrial equipment (ex. Tugger, Stand-up, sit-down, order picker and forklift trucks).
- Validate order accuracy prior to delivery to production cells.
- Complete daily inspections and record any unsafe conditions on power industrial equipment.
- Operate an RF Smart scanner.
- Must be able to work independently and with team.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by work area, such as safety glasses, earplugs, hard hats, gloves, and steel toed shoes.
- Deal with complexity in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to stand for entire shift of 8 hours, work overtime and weekends to meet business demands.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned
- Must have and maintain a valid California Driver s license
- Must either have prior forklift training or be able to receive forklift training
- Work in SAP or equivalent work in a complex ERP system desirable
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college a plus
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Accountable for personal and team goals
- Must communicate well with others
Requirements: Background Check, Stand for Shift Duration, Must be at least 18 years old.Able to Lift 50 pounds., required education: HS Diploma or GED.
Work Location: SMX @ nVent, Redwood City, CA 94063.
Job Types: Equipment Operator, Forklift Operator, General Labor, General Warehouse, Hand Packaging, Machine Operator, Manufacturing, Material Handler, Picker/Packer, Production, Shipping and Receiving, Warehouse.
The hourly rate for this position is anticipated to range between $22.00 - $22.00 per hour. This range is a good-faith estimate, based on the qualifications necessary for the position, including but not limited to experience, training, and other considerations permitted by law. Factors that may be used when making an offer may include a candidate's skills and experience, the expected quality and quantity of work, and internal pay alignment, as needed. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the pay range. The upper end of the range will generally be reserved for candidates with extensive skills and experience. An employee's pay history will not be a contributing factor where prohibited by local law.