Americold is a global provider of temperature-controlled infrastructure. We partner with farmers and food producers to ensure their perishable and frozen product reaches foods suppliers, restaurants, and your local grocery store without spoilage. Our customers, which include some of the most respected brands in the food industry, rely on our expertise and commitment to safety in order to deliver on their commitments.
What You'll Do
Sets strategic direction for and reinforces the importance of Health and Safety for Americold Incorporated. Manages the overall Health and Safety programs, including development and implementation of goals, strategies, policies, and practices. Works with site management teams and Directors to integrate Health and Safety performance and compliance into facility operations. Develops opportunities to provide strategic and competitive advantage through cross-functional interaction. Provides leadership to drive continuous improvement in Health and Safety performance, while assuring comprehensive operational compliance.
- Develops, maintains, and reviews Corporate Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, and corporate requirements
- Provides leadership and direction to site location's management team
- Tracks metrics and drives Health and Safety improvement and performance in the organization
- Develops, supports, and executes processes to reduce associate injury and lost time rates, and to pro-actively manage Worker's Compensation cases
- Conduct annual Safety Management Systems Audits to verify continuing compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
What Experience You Need
- 10 years of experience in managing safety related programs
- Bachelors degree required in Safety Science, Safety Engineering, Safety Management, Risk Management or Physical Sciences
- Experience with development, management safety systems across numerous locations
- Strong overall computer skills required, (Microsoft Word, Excel)
What Could Set You Apart
- Knowledge of safety training management
- Knowledge of state / federal standards and regulations
- Experience in warehouse or transportation industry
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time
What We Offer
Our associates know the answer to the question What's in it for me? We offer best-in-class benefit programs and continuously work with our associates to ensure that our offerings meet the needs of their health and financial well-being. When you join Americold you join a values-oriented company with a clear mission. We help our customers feed the world.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.