As a Body Shop Technician with Penske, you'll perform minor truck and trailer collision repairs, and with supervision some major repairs too. All while enjoying the advantages of working for a winning team that's got your back. You'll use industry-leading technology and repair techniques - plus cutting-edge diagnostic equipment - to get our customers' state-of-the-art vehicles back up and running in high-quality condition.
We have a talented team of body shop techs across North America, and we've trained all of them. We don't just help you get by; we help you get ahead. You'll have the opportunity to participate in our in-house training programs, learn from the best and have access to leading technology, as Penske was the first in the industry to become I-CAR Gold certified. You'll have a career path to match your growing skills and experience.
Work Location: 6633 S 13th St, , Milwaukee, WI, 53221
Work Hours: 4 10 hour shifts
Why Penske is for You:
- Competitive starting salary
- Career stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
- Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
- Perform the following repairs or replacements: Minor electrical system repairs, Surface preparation for refinishes, Minor Cab Accessory repair/ replacement, Minor Cargo Box repairs - A Penske Body Shop Technician III will, under supervision, perform minor truck and trailer component repair or replacement. Assist Technician I and II in the removal, replacement, and repair of major components.
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2 years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of related education and experience) preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/technical school preferred
- Certification of completion of technical school specializing in the repair/refinish of all series of truck and trailer preferred
- Working knowledge of tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) preferred
- Valid driver's license required
- Basic computer skills required
- The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
- The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of
alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Whether it's on the racetrack or in the body shop, our people love working here. Our supportive team culture will make you feel like you're not just getting a job,
but joining a family. So it's time to do what you love, hit that apply button.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
- The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
- The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
- The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
- Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
- The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: fabrication, sand/prep, cosmetic repair, restore, fiberglass, filler, painting, Works with a variety of metals and plastics, as well as glass, and mechanical parts, Collison, Auto body, Truck body, Framework, Refinishing, Commercial body work, Fleet repair, Collision technician, Truck repair, Disassembling/assembling vehicles, Lead painter, Upholstery, Bodywork, Trim repair, Rebuild/teardown
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Body Shop Repair
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 6633 S 13th St
Primary Location: US-WI-Milwaukee
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2315345