First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a 310T OR 310S Mechanic!
As a Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing guidance to Apprentice Mechanic.
First Student is proud to offer:
- Hourly wages based on experience and qualifications!
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plans and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul, and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to First Student standards, policies, and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program. Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Must have required Mechanic license
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.