The Customs Brokerage Specialist supports the Import Manager in customs brokerage activities to ensure compliance with U.S customs laws and regulations and the company's compliance programs.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Compliance and Audit Support:
• Assist the Import Manager in audits/assessment of import compliance and customs laws and regulations
• Process more complicated CHB entries, including acting as a customer advocate for high volume accounts and serving as a backup for the import entry writers, as needed.
• Conducts audits, trouble shoots, and monitors current CHB/CBP and OGA regulations to ensure compliance.
• Corrects errors and provides corrective action and training.
Customs Brokerage responsibilities:
• Interface with government agencies and maintain positive relationships
• Perform audits and report CHB entries, including air, ocean, & large key accounts
• Assists in maintaining customer bonds and POA's
• Develop and maintain current customer classifcation databases and regularly interact with customers and the Operations Compliance Department.
• Prepare Post Entry Adjustments and other post entry documentation
Training & Development support:
• Provide interpretation and guidance with CBP and OGA regulations and ensure compliance with US importing regulations
• Provide classification advice both internally and externally with direct customer contact.
• Assist in identifying process improvements, including providing feedback to other import personnel
• Audit accuracy and timeliness of entries and billing process.
Qualifications Education and Experience
High School Diploma required. Customs Broker license is required/ or working towards receiving it within 2 years. 3 or more years' experience in the customs broker industry is required. 4-year college degree is preferred.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work under pressure in an unsupervised environment.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
• Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
• Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative and professional manner with both internal and external customers, vendors, and government officials.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to compute rates, ratio, and percent. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Keen ability to research assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions. Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.