"Global Reach with a Personal Touch" is the foundation on which four partners (and long-time friends) agreed when they started Green Worldwide Shipping in 2008. This ethos has allowed Green to grow to over 200 team members in 16 offices across the country, with more growth on the horizon.
The Customs & Trade Specialist will be a part of Green's Global Trade Solutions (GTS) division and report to the Director of Global Trade Solutions.
Our GTS division manages our complex regulatory services. GTS services enhance business operations, improve compliance, reduce risk and cost, and provide our clients with the technology and expertise needed to achieve their trade compliance and operational goals.
Why this role is special-
As a Customs & Trade Specialist, you will learn and engage in multiple aspects of Customs and Trade Compliance, including but not inclusive of Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) administration and compliance, in-bond filings, import clearance, export clearance, duty drawback, recordkeeping, process improvements, troubleshooting discrepancies, and engaging with clients in a consultative manner. Clear communication, collaboration, and passion for global trade are essential for this multifaceted position.
How you will be successful-
- Be open-minded and driven to leverage existing knowledge and build expertise in Foreign Trade Zones, Drawback filings, Import/Export Processes and Compliance, Customs Brokerage, and Consulting to support the growth of Green and your career.
- Clear and concise communication with your colleagues, vendors, and clients.
- Enjoy crossing your t's and dotting their i's, bringing attention to detail.
- Green's Customs and Trade Specialists are encouraged and supported to develop their expertise and embrace change and growth.
- Be a part of a fun and creative team and be open to mentoring team members to share your expertise and experience.
• Foreign Trade Zone inventory processing, including data validation
• In-bond filing and export clearance (EEI filing)
• Customs clearance filing
• Export compliance consulting
• Import consulting
• Drawback filing
• Researching trade trends and consulting
• Process improvements
• Timely and professional customer service
• Troubleshooting discrepancies
What you will bring-
- A diverse background with either one or more of the following:
- 2+ years of experience in Customs brokerage.
- 2+ years of experience in Foreign Trade Zone administration.
- 2+ years of experience in Duty Drawback.
- 2+ years of experience in Export Compliance.
- 2+ years of experience managing trade compliance for an importer/exporter.
- Value the importance of trade compliance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Able to work within a team of dedicated trade professionals and be independent.
- Aptitude, creativity, and a positive attitude.
- A relationship-driven mentality.
- Detail oriented, can manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of one or more software programs associated with FTZ, Drawback, Customs, or Compliance.
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
WHAT we offer
• Salary range $50,000-$90,000 dependent upon location, experience, licenses and certifications.
- Employee High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) currently paid for 100% by Green.
- $1,800 contributed to employee HSA Account, if on HDHP.
- Employee Dental provided by Green.
- Option to purchase disability insurance.
- Paid life insurance and option to buy-up.
- 401(K) and company match.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Monthly recognition points to give/receive, which can be converted to gift cards.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Weekly fruit baskets in office locations
- A tree planted for every new employee to Trees.org
- 26 work from home days annually
- Wellbeing Program.
- Training and Development.
- Access to Mentorship Program.