Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 19,000 employees across 46 countries. We are a global leader in engineered bearings and power transmissions. Timken has been around since before the wright brothers conducted their ground breaking flight and has played a role in almost every aircraft since.
- We are a team that will train you and offer you a unique and challenging aerospace career with internal advancement opportunities
- Timken is a great US Company: Named - America's Best Employers, Forbes - America's Best Employers for New Grads, Forbes - America's Most Responsible Companies, NewsWeek - World's Most Ethical Companies, The Ethisphere Institute - America's Best Employer for Women, Forbes
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, paid time off
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose & Scope:
Perform diversified duties to operate all machines in the Roller Manufacturing Area including Centerless Grind, Plunge/Surface Grind, Roller Chamfer Corner Grind, OD Hone machines and related Quality Control equipment to produce/manufacture roller bearing components in accordance with company/customer specifications and quality standards within the limitations of accepted practice.
- Safely, correctly, and efficiently operate all Roller equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain necessary records and ensure that documentation procedures are followed.
- Move material and parts as needed. Care is required to handle components to prevent damage.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to a leader.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Train personnel as required.
- Create and update setup-sheets and standard work procedures.
- Gauge knowledge should be sufficient to operate all gauges in area of responsibility.
- Shall be capable of performing inspections in accordance with issued work instructions.
- Keep leader informed of all machines, quality and quantity problems or audits as required.
- Conduct or assist in problem solving events and meetings.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment as required.
- Perform and be involved in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Skills learned to be determined by the group leader based upon need of the entire group and the need for flexibility.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Basic computer interface skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required.
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 30 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.