This is a Safety Senstitive Position.
Under the direction of supervisor or manager, coordinates activities of workers engaged in lifting, transporting, storing and loading materials and products by use of conveyors, industrial trucks or by hand.
- Coordinates Material Handlers to ensure their time is utilized efficiently to achieve production, quality, sanitation and customer service standards.
- Confers with management to coordinate flow of product and ensure all safety precautions are followed and taken.
- Enforces schedules and estimated labor hours required for effective completion of daily job assignments.
- Reports compliance of assigned teams in work areas to operational standards and initiatives.
- Participates in the recommendation of Kaizen activities to improve all aspects of the operation.
- Performs activities of workers supervised when required or other duties as assigned.
- Leads by example through his/her actions.
- Directly oversees the work of a small number of employees in the designated warehouse area.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and safety rules.
- Responsibilities include meeting goals and minimum standards of performance, training employees; assigning and directing work flow and the movement of associates based on the business needs; addressing and elevating complaints and resolving minor problems with management assistance.
Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least 2 years related experience required.
- Must have at least 2 years' experience in a Material Handling position with a demonstration of skills required to lead a group of employees in their daily work assignments or equivalent experience. (Note: 2 year requirement MAY be waived, dependent upon employee's prior experience and work performance at YLA.)
- Fork Lift Certification - Dependent upon specific facility or account level requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
This job description is intended to set forth the core functions required for this position and describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. Employees may be assigned additional responsibilities as necessary. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of the Company's business, competitive considerations or the work environment changes.