Philadelphia Gear part of the Timken Power Systems group in Santa Fe Springs, CA has a current opening for a Quality Analyst position. The position is responsible for administration of the Tooling and Equipment Calibration Program, Document Control program and direct support of the Marine Inspection and Aftermarket Inspection Programs. The incumbent will also support analyzing and solving quality-related issues, preparation and execution of Layered Process Audits, perform local shop audits, analyze quality cost, and apply fundamental statistical methods for process improvements and control. This position has critical compliance responsibilities, internal and external, in assuring Department of Defense guidelines are met.
Position reports to the Quality Manager.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives / projects using tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, and other Quality tools applicable to the project.
- Assist in Regulatory, Customer, and 3rd party audits and visits.
- Administer first article request, collects data, and write reports.
- Train on continuous improvements steps/corrective actions.
- Identify opportunities/gaps in existing quality standards, practices, and tools.
- Work closely with shop personnel in quality support.
- Review all quality documents from the manufacturing process per project/ contract.
- Provide some oversight on receiving, in process and final inspection processes.
- Prepare final reports as required per contract.
- Work directly with engineering on quality aspects of our projects.
- Assist government/ customer onsite inspections when required by project/ contract.
- Work with the quality/engineering team in managing the calibration and document control systems.
Follow all prescribed safety rules and regulations, including but not limited to (lock out tag out, personal protective equipment, fire evacuation protocol, etc.)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate Degree equivalent with minimum of 5+ years quality experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals
- Experience performing internal & external audits
- Ability to analyze & interpret customer and/or regulatory requirements
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001 Quality requirements and certifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Experience with DoD or other Government-related agencies
- Familiar with reading and understanding detailed engineered drawings
Pay Range: $65K - $85K annual
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.