"Global Reach with a personal touch", that's the foundation on which four partners (and long-time friends) agreed to when they started Green Worldwide Shipping back in 2008. This ethos has allowed Green to Grow to a 200+ strong team with 16 offices across the US and growing.
At green we are a family of innovative problem-solvers who communicate freely to present creative solutions in an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. We are dedicated to customer service, passionate about logistics, and committed to sustainable growth while inspiring others.
Why this role is so Special-
The role is essential in our goal to develop and further our German partnerships, with the responsibility of identifying new opportunities for inbound and outbound business pertaining specifically to the German This role with be a huge part of our growth mission.
The role will require a highly motivated individual to analyze data sources in order to identify opportunities and then develop the strategy/win theme in order to close said opportunities. In addition, the candidate will work closely with our agents in Germany to develop business intelligence and ensure that the onboarding of new customers runs smoothly, creating a great first impression.
In this role, you will help expand our business globally in Europe, and create a best-in-class customer experience. Our 34 fundamentals which guide our employees on delivering the very best to Every Customer, Every Shipment, Every Time will be front and foremost to the German Business Development Leader role. You can find more details about them here: Green's Fundamentals
What you will be doing-.
• Strategically searching and developing new sea/air logistics opportunities nationally- focusing solely on the German market.
• Investing in Relationships,as a SME with external customer(s) and internal customers.
• Managing various projects/tasks across cross-functional teams.
• Travelling both domestically and internationally with the ability to work across various cultures.
• Using Pipedrive (CRM) to target and document prospective clients.
• Developing client strategy with appropriate Green marketing materials.
• Product champion and subject matter expert for assigned trade lanes and liaison between branch management, sales, key customers and Branch operations.
• Treasuring, protecting and promoting our brand.
How you will be successful-.
• 5+ years of supply chain/freight forwarding experience, ideally in sea/air logistics.
• Strong Sea/Air freight product knowledge and pricing knowledge.
• Thorough understanding of business development strategy and the sales process
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,communicating to be understood.
• Well-Developed interpersonal skills including conflict management and resolution.
• Cross cultural competence and cultural sensitivity.
• Self-starter with excellent planning and organizing skills who is willing to share knowledge and expertise, having aTeam Firstmindset
• Understanding of continuous improvement and methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Power point.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work without daily supervision.
• Fluent in English.
What we offer
- Employee High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) currently paid for 100% by Green.
- $1,800 contributed to employee HSA Account, if on HDHP.
- Employee Dental provided by Green.
- Option to purchase disability insurance.
- Paid life insurance and option to buy-up.
- 401(K) and company match.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Monthly recognition points to give/receive, which can be converted to gift cards.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Weekly fruit baskets in office locations
- A tree planted for every new employee to Trees.org
- 26 days remote annually.
- Wellbeing Program.
- Training and Development.
- Access to Mentorship Program.
Green Worldwide Shipping, LLC (Green) is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Green will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact Faye Hughes, Head of People and Culture at email@example.com.
Green is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.