Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
***Relocation to Indianapolis, IN Required with Relocation Assistance Program Available***
We're always looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Client Support Technology Manager, you will oversee a team of business analysts focused on the IT requirements of our clients. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at GXO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Accountable for managing strategic, comprehensive, and complex supply chain management projects focused on existing business to re-engineered business opportunities and systems, cost improvements and operational efficiencies, from inception to delivery including planning, design, and execution; and assisting with implementation across multi-functional business units
- Leads the GXO Technology Client Support team responsible for implementing and maintaining systems such as Warehouse Management Systems, Order Management, RF Applications, Warehouse Automated solutions (Bots Picking, Conveyors etc.), CRM solutions and enterprise data warehouse, while supporting the business teams that depend on it. Ensure systems are up, stable and secure at all times.
- Lead discussions with customers regarding their business requirements and solution design advising on best practices of the IT standards.
- Discussions on workflows within the warehouse will be required
- Discussions on business processes with EDI will be required
- Provide expertise, leadership, guidance and supervision to cross-functional and/or multi-unit teams regarding forecasting, tracking and executing project related tasks, budgets and resource allocations
- Establish communication plan and conduct regularly scheduled project briefings regarding status, issues, and challenges with all levels of business unit, business sponsors and management for all projects and implementations
- Manages projects from inception through delivery ensuring completion of the project objectives on schedule and within budget constraints
- Lead the team including making decisions on recruiting and future skill set needs, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 2 years supervisory or managerial experience
- 5 years of experience in 3rd party logistics and Supply Chain Management industry
- Experience in management of IT teams and projects across large cross-functional teams
- Proficient knowledge of IT technical disciplines related to systems architecture, operating systems, programming environments and databases, WMS and TMS packages, Automated Robotic Integrations/Implementations, EDI/APIs systems
- Supply chain management, warehousing and distribution experience
- Ability to work from Lebanon, IN
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or other relevant discipline; Operational Research, Supply Chain Management or related field
- 10+ years' experience in 3rd party logistics and Supply Chain Management industry
- Proven track record of leading strategic change across technology environments
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.