A Senior Auditor plays an important role in Penske Truck Leasing's corporate governance, internal control structure, risk management analysis, and financial reporting process. The Senior Auditor plans, designs, and conducts Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics audits and reviews to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls. The individual leads audit staff in performing a mix of operational and financial audits, management reviews, SOX & SSAE-18 work, and special projects.
This exciting position is located at our Corporate offices in a country and suburban setting 7 miles south of Reading, PA. Our location is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
- Leads audits and applies knowledge of accounting principles and audit standards to audit initiatives.
- Lead staff auditor assignments and coordinate audit processes.
- Conducts and supports year-end financial statement analysis and external auditor efforts.
- Performs internal reviews for Sarbanes-Oxley, SSAE-18, and fraud investigations.
- Uses diplomatic communications skills and transfers subject matter knowledge to others throughout the organization.
- Ensures audit plan execution and leads evaluation of audit findings, and report preparation.
- Oversees job administration of project setup, report writing, engagement documentation, periodic status reporting, etc.
- Performs individual job requirements using technology tolls and resources (i.e. IDEA, AS400, Query, Access DB, Support Central, and Savvion).
- Develops assigned staff professionally to assist or serve as the "in-charge" for multiple and/or complex reviews.
- Leads and/or participates in other projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or IT required.
- Four plus years of financial auditing experience required.
- MBA, CPA, CIA, CISA or CFE preferred.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills required.
- Working knowledge of Accounting Principle theory (GAAP) required.
- Proficiency in the use of Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint required.
- Microsoft Access experience a plus.
- Works well in a team setting and independently.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Bi-lingual Spanish is preferred.
- Effective and efficient organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Strong desire to learn and grow with the Company.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Job Function: Audit
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2325772