The position leads primary market research on freight management and transportation buyers and Penske's customers. The role develops insights about Penske's customers to guide the company's strategic, competitive, customer experience, and business planning efforts. This includes planning, leading, and managing the long-term customer learning plan for all areas of the business; revealing the customer journey and key moments that matter in the customer's life; and recommending initiatives and improvements based on research insights.
- Direct primary market research efforts to support company learning plans and objectives.
- Plan company primary research calendar and direction.
- Lead research on market and buyer needs, perceptions of Penske, competitors, and transportation decision making.
- Use a combination of quantitative and qualitative research and analytical techniques to uncover insights
- Lead research on customer journey and key moments that matter in the customer's life.
- Manage efforts to understand and track customer interactions and develop recommendations on how to improve customer experience.
- Lead customer experience, voice of customer, and satisfaction research projects.
- Manage ongoing fielding and collection of customer satisfaction, experience, and feedback.
- Integrate survey feedback with operational data to provide full picture of customer interactions and experiences.
- Develop substantiated conclusions and actionable recommendations based on insights from research findings and analysis of data.
- Interpret and contextualize findings into a meaningful story to assist in strategic and tactical decision making.
- Summarize and present ideas, plans, and annual results to senior management, marketing, and operational management about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Vice President
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in Social Sciences, Economics, Liberal Arts, or Business
- Master's degree preferred with a concentration in Market Research, Social Sciences, or MBA
- 10+ years of related work experience required
- 7 years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research methods within a business or academic environment required
- Advanced primary and secondary data collection methods and techniques
- Intermediate understanding of statistical analysis, data visualization, financial analysis, and data mining techniques
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative market research and analytical techniques
- Executive level presentation skills
- Strong coaching and supervisory skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, projects with differing deadlines and deliver on time and on budget
- Ability to lead and manage an integrated team of researchers and analysts to reach common goals
- Ability to organize research findings and analysis and synthesize them into common themes or trends
- Ability to tell stories from the analysis and make digestible recommendations in business terms to senior management audience.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management
solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Marketing
Job Family: Analytics & Intelligence
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2307798