Your Career Begins at Timken! Timken is a U.S manufacturing company with over 100 years of business. If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken.
Timken's tapered roller bearing plant in Iron Station, NC is a part of Timken's world leading manufacturing team. We are a global leader in engineered bearings and power transmissions. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
What we offer:
- Competitive Wages: excellent hourly wage plus shift differential for afternoon and night shifts.
- Competitive Benefits - medical, dental, and vision on day one! Also, a 401k benefits package plus paid holidays, vacation, referral bonus and tuition reimbursement.
- $1000 sign on bonus after six months working for Timken.
- Starting Pay: $20-22/hr
- Top Pay: $24-27.50/hr
- Shift Differential: $0.35 for working afternoon or night shift
Purpose & Scope:
Set up and operate a variety of package bearings hard turning, grinding, inspection, and assembly equipment to produce package bearing assemblies to specifications.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work produced in assigned production area.
- Follows the directions/instructions of the team leader and/or supervisor.
- Monitors all assigned machines.
- Follow all standards, certifications, and training manual procedures and specifications daily concerning tasks such as handling rejects and scrap.
- Utilizes various measuring tools to ensure products are conformed to visual and dimensional specifications.
- Performs adjustments to overcome size deviations and logs machines accordingly.
- Replace worn or broken tooling grinding wheels, honing tape, honing stones, etc., as necessary.
- Performs various other related assignments: material handling, repairing nicks, clearing conveyor jams, and filing oil reservoirs.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with ability to multi-task.
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic, and team skills.
- 2 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment or related education preferred.
- Ability to lift to 35 pounds or more.
- Verbal and written communication
- Activities such as lifting or pushing/pulling
- Activities where repetitive movement is required.
- May be exposed to environmental noise and/or seasonal heat.
Safety Requirements: Safety glasses (prescribed or non-prescribed), safety shoes and hearing protection are required on site.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.