What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 20,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Shipper/ Receiver for the Mokena, Illinois service center. The Shipper/ Receiver position reports to the Operations Manager. This position is responsible for effectively preserving, packaging, and shipping all parts and products in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined in the Shipping Department ISO manual, in a proper, cost effective and timely manner to our customers. All work methods must conform with company rules and regulations, attendance policies, variations, and safety procedures, producing the required levels of quality and through-put.
Duties & Responsibilities: The Incumbent will have primary responsibility for the shipment of all materials from the Service Center facility and will be primarily responsible for the following (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
- Timeliness and proper preservation and satisfactory packaging or boxing of all materials to be shipped.
- Satisfactory completion of all customer required details such as markings, documents and carriers.
- Customer satisfaction in terms of timeliness of delivery.
- Work rule adherence
- Quality adherence.
- Document and update all policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Must be able to use tools such as band saws jig saws, nail guns and other hand tools required to perform shipment of large items that may require palletizing or crating
- Must be able to build a wooden crate
- Computer skills
- Operate powered industrial lift (fork truck)
- Operate a crane
- High School Diploma Required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.