Current territory is Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greenville, SC
Customer service focused sales professional, passionate about relationship building
Responsible for profitably growing sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets. Responsible for prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in the assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships.
- Attends the monthly business meetings for all company sponsored associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if required, similar regional / national activities.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Our Goals for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are committed to creating a culture that promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply associate. We value the diversity of our people.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.